The generous support that we receive through donations helps us fund a wide variety of programs and projects at Newport State Park. For example:
- The Park Naturalist salary is fully underwritten by NWS.
- Funding of many educational programs and presentations at the park.
- Trail maintenance and grooming equipment (partial funding).
- Telescope, binoculars, and accessories for Dark Sky astronomy programs.
- Books, equipment, and supplies used in the Nature Center.
- Development and management of informational kiosks and displays.
- Development and printing of brochures and informational materials for visitors.
- NWS has fully- or partially-funded several infrastructure improvement projects in the park. Read more here.
Newport Wilderness Society is a registered 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization; all memberships and donations are tax-deductible.
You will start receiving our occasional e-newsletter, the North Star News. It is easy to unsubscribe, should you longer wish to receive it.
We will direct your donation to the area of greatest need, but if you would like to direct your donation specifically to either the Naturalist/Interpretive Program or to the NWS Endowment Fund, please make a notation in the Comment section. Thank you so much.