The generous support that we receive through donations helps us fund a wide variety of programs and projects at Newport State Park. For example:
- The Park Naturalist salary is fully underwritten by NWS.
- Funding of all educational programs and presentations at the park.
- Trail maintenance and grooming equipment (partial funding).
- Telescope, binoculars, and accessories for Dark Sky astronomy programs.
- Books, equipment, and supplies used in the Nature Center.
- Development and management of informational kiosks and displays.
- Development and printing of trail maps, brochures, and other informational materials for visitors.
- NWS has fully- or partially-funded several infrastructure improvement projects in the park. Read more here.
Newport Wilderness Society is a registered 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization; all memberships and donations are tax-deductible.
We will direct your donation to the area of greatest need, but if you would like to direct your donation specifically to either the Naturalist/Interpretive Program or to the NWS Endowment Fund, please make a notation in the Comment section. Thank you so much.