- This event has passed.
August 15 @ 10:00 am – 11:30 am
Join Park staff and try your hand at Nature journaling. This is an activity designed for everyone, no matter your skill level. Materials provided, or bring your own.
What nature journaling is:
- A way to connect (or reconnect) with nature
- A reason to slow down, observe and reflect
- A creative outlet with a focus
- An excuse to be outdoors
- Helps rediscover your sense of wonder
What nature journaling is not:
- Only for artists and writers
- A competition with others
- A huge time commitment; can be done anytime with minimal supplies
Come with an open mind, an adventurous heart and a willingness to connect with nature!
Meets at the picnic area, Lot 3.
All programs are free, but a state park admission sticker is required on all vehicles.
Some programs are weather related, so check with the park if you have any questions.
Newport State Park, 475 County Road NP, Ellison Bay, WI 54210 Ph. 920-854-2500
Partial funding for the Naturalist position at Newport State Park
is provided by a grant from the Friends of Wisconsin State Parks.